ACUTE PROPANE-BUTANE INTOXICATION
533.534.535.In cases of acute intoxication with propane butane (due to damage in heating appliances where propane-butane is used as energy source for heating), asphyxia, cyanosis of the featherless skin, pulmonary oedema and subcapsular haemorrhages in the liver are observed.
536.Stasis in the right half of the heart, overfilling of the posterior vena cava (a) and oedema of lungs (b) following overheating. When the temperature in the premise reaches 35°C, the cooling in birds begins by convection, conduction and radiation as they have no sweat glands. The excessive respiration results in oversaturation with C02 and then, in asphyxia.537.Pasted vent is usually observed in diarrhoea, when the rectal masses are sticked to adjacent feathers. The observed plugs prevent the evacuation of the next faecal masses. This results in dilatation and obstipation of the rectum.